I believe a good place to start is to look at some student’s feedback regarding the learning experience they had taking my classes. I have selected a few that can illustrate it.
- Hello Jessica, I’ve decided to forgo law school next semester to enter the work force and save money for a year instead. I enjoyed IO immensely and wanted to you to know that the course inspired me to pursue a legal career with the DOJ’s anti-trust department. […] I hope that your doctoral studies are going well. If it pleases you to know, my biggest regret in undergrad was not winning coffee during your game theory lecture.
- Thank you so much for the way you care about your students and the effort you put into all you do!
- I’ve recommended it to many of my friends.
- [I would recommend this class to a fellow student] if they have a good understanding of calculus and are interested in learning about real world scenarios […] well taught and engaging.
- I cannot express enough my appreciation, Jessica!!! I am grateful for your help!!!
It is impossible to talk about value added through teaching without talking about quality standards. I have compiled below the aggregate results for the student evaluations I have received as the instructor on record at the University of Kansas, which is conducted by the university itself.